Take control of your condition and your life at the Blount Memorial Weight Management Center
Diabetes is a chronic disease, but it can be controlled. The Blount Memorial Weight Management Center in Maryville, Tennessee provides diabetes education classes that teach the knowledge and skills for managing the condition. A support group for patients also meets every other month, and a free Diabetes Lecture Series is offered to the community.
Diabetes education classes offer:
- A thorough understanding of diabetes and how it affects your body and life
- Meal planning, including how to identify and count carbohydrates
- Information about the benefits of regular exercise in maintaining good health and more-desirable blood glucose levels
- Instruction in how to correctly monitor your blood glucose and interpret the numbers
- Strategies for recognizing and helping prevent acute and long-term complications
- Stress management techniques
To make it easier for patients to find and afford the medications, supplies and support patients need to manage their diabetes, the certified diabetes educators at the Blount Memorial Weight Management Center have created a helpful Diabetes Management Resource Guide, which includes local resources for diabetes patients and their families including low-cost prescription medication and medical supply options.
Registration and scheduling
For more information, call the Weight Management Center at 865-977-5767.