Expert outpatient occupational therapy services
Our top-flight team of occupational therapy professionals assesses and adapts everyday activities to help clients improve function, enhance performance, promote health, prevent illness and increase independence. Occupational therapy is an important therapeutic tool for people recovering from illness, injury or surgery; seniors; and those living with a disability, chronic condition or degenerative disease such as Parkinson’s disease.
Available occupational therapy services include:
- assessing and treating limitations in activities of daily living such as self-care, feeding, leisure, and home management
- reviewing home safety
- improving fine motor coordination and dexterity
- splinting and positioning of joints for protection and support
- assessing wheelchair and seating safety, support and function
- rehabilitating hand injuries and fractures
- community re-integration
- visual retraining
Occupational therapists work collaboratively with clients and physicians to identify areas of need and then develop creative solutions to effectively address each need. These solutions are custom-tailored to fit each client’s lifestyle, schedule and environment.
Make an appointment
If you or a family member could benefit from occupational therapy, ask your physician for a referral to the rehabilitation experts at Blount Memorial Total Rehabilitation.