Blount Memorial Emotional Health & Recovery Center
Learn more about our inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment, programs and care management.
The Blount Memorial Emotional Health & Recovery Center offers adults in East Tennessee around-the-clock access to confidential behavioral health assessments, treatment and referrals. Below is a quick overview of our services. For more information or to schedule an assessment or appointment, call the Emotional Health & Recovery Center at 865-981-2300.
Our specially designed, 16-bed inpatient unit offers the safety and security of 24-hour care for acutely ill and at-risk adults. Patients can be admitted 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Specific programs include:
- Adult Crisis Stabilization: This program is designed for adults who are in crisis, suicidal and/or homicidal, require detoxification from alcohol and/or other drugs, or who require medical stabilization and management for psychiatric problems. Care planning is coordinated with the patient's primary care physician, outpatient therapist, referral source and employer benefits manager. Most patients stay three to five days.
- Partial Hospitalization: Designed to prevent hospitalization, shorten an inpatient stay, or to transition patients between inpatient and outpatient treatment, this program provides intensive care Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Individuals may access the program as a step-down from an inpatient stay or as a direct admission. Average length of stay is five to 10 days.
- Intensive Outpatient Program: This afternoon program can help patients as they become more stable in their behavioral health recovery process or can serve as an alternative to a more-intense level of treatment. Patients learn and practice healthy coping skills, and work on developing active relapse prevention plans, as well as emotional health strategies. The program runs Monday-Friday, noon-3:30 p.m., and the average length of stay is one to four weeks.
- Parkway Psychiatric Service: The outpatient psychiatrists at Parkway Psychiatric Service specialize in the evaluation and medication management of a broad spectrum of psychiatric disorders across all age groups. In addition, staff therapists are available for individual and family counseling sessions. Appointments are available Monday through Friday. Parkway Psychiatric Service is conveniently located in the Blount Memorial Physician Office Building, accessible through the hospital’s outpatient entrance. For more information or to schedule an initial appointment, call 865-980-5377.
- Senior Services: Senior Services is a free outreach service of the Emotional Health & Recovery Center. Senior Services offers caregiver consultations to any adult caring for another adult. Senior Services assists adults challenged by issues of aging and caregiving by providing individual and family consultations, caregiver support groups, public seminars and presentations to professional, community and business organizations. For more information, call 865-977-5744.
We help patients and families deal with all of the paperwork and insurance questions related to inpatient and outpatient behavioral health care. Upon admission to any of our programs, we offer insurance benefits checks, insurance pre-certifications, ongoing assessment, and updates with a patient's designated insurance company's benefits manager, other treatment providers and referral sources.
In addition, we coordinate treatment to address back-to-work issues, discharge planning and long-term care plans, and provide referral to any treatment services needed within the Blount Memorial Hospital system or through another community resource. Free aftercare support groups are available to patients who are stable in their recovery process.