Take a moment to review this quick Blount Memorial Hospital emergency department visitors’ guide.
General Emergency Department Visitor Guidelines
To ensure the safe and healthy treatment of all our patients, the emergency department staff recommends the following guidelines:
- Visitors must be cleared by a hospital staff member before entering the emergency department.
- Visitors are encouraged to use the available hand-washing materials, tissues and face masks to help control the spread of infections.
- Visitors are permitted in the treatment area based on the nurses' judgment.
- No food or drink is allowed in the treatment area.
- Nurse permission is required for children under age 14 to visit a patient in the emergency department.
- Visitors are asked to remain with the patient in the treatment room, except during testing or when communicating patient information to family members in the waiting room.
- Keep doors closed to respect patient privacy.
For our patients' health and safety, it is important to observe the hospital's smoke-free policy. Visitors may use the covered smoking areas outside the level one connector or at the bus stop on the west side of the hospital. Smoking is not allowed near the emergency department entrance.
Patient information is available by dialing 865-981-2562. Patient treatment and safety are our primary concerns, and visitors will be assisted in a timely manner once the patient is settled.
A lobby phone, which can be used for local calls, is available. Calls should be limited and brief. Cell phones may be used in the lobby only. Additional pay phones are also located in the lobby.
Important Phone Numbers
|Emergency Department Lobby Phone
||Dial 0 (in-house calls) for the hospital operator
||865-977-5772 (in-house calls, ext. 5772)
Interpreters are available upon request by calling the patient representative listed above Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After-hours interpreter needs can be addressed by calling the hospital's operator at 865-983-7211 or by pressing 0 on any hospital phone.